The Purchasing Manager reports to the General Manager and is responsible for the planning, purchasing and management of inventory while maintaining appropriate inventory levels and meeting customer requirements. Also responsible for the management of the Shipping/Receiving team, execution of weekly cycle counts, maintaining a safe, organized warehouse and meeting the IRA goal of the company. Additional responsibility is the supervision of the customer service function.
Responsible for the management of the Purchasing department:
- Process purchase orders in a timely and accurate manner. All documentation will be maintained in a neat and organized way.
- Effectively manage supplier relationships with a high level of professionalism. This includes freight/freight forwarder partners to ensure the on-time delivery of inbound shipments.
- Review MRP daily to ensure all customer requirements can be met.
- Analyze raw materials bi-weekly to ensure proper inventory levels. Inventory will have the appropriate safety stock levels set and will be managed to the lowest levels possible while avoiding any stock out situations.
- Participate in MRB and CAR meetings to help resolve quality issues.
- Ensure all ISO requirements are being met and procedures are properly followed.
- Work effectively with Production and Customer Service to ensure company goals are being met while creating a positive, team oriented work environment.
- Manage L-3 related raw material inventory levels per customer agreements.
Responsible for the Shipping/Receiving department:
- Direct, motivate and support team members to a high level of performance.
- Ensure all customer orders are processed accurately and packaged to exceed customer expectations.
- Work with the Production team to ensure the company goal of 95% on-time delivery is met.
Responsible for warehouse/inventory management:
- Maintain the warehouse in a neat and organized manner.
- Ensure the day to day warehouse operations are conducted in a safe environment.
- Consistently execute the accurate and timely processing of inventory transactions including inbound and outbound shipments.
- Manage the scheduling, execution and tracking of weekly cycle counts and inventory reconciliations. Maintain the company goal of 95% IRA.
Experience and Requirements:
- Must have good computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) and ERP/MRP experience.
- Must be able to effectively direct and motivate team members in a diverse manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to negotiate effectively with suppliers and maintain a high level of professionalism with all interactions.
- Must have experience in an ISO environment and understand its appropriate execution.
- Must be able to work independently, have good time management skills and demonstrate initiative.
- Must be results oriented and demonstrate a high level of organization and follow through. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must exhibit a willingness to try new things while staying focused on goals and continuous improvements; must be able to accept responsibility for oversights.
- Must be able to work effectively with all departments throughout the organization.
- Must have good math skills and the ability analyze data.
- Must have good written and oral skills.